Overview of ASE Employees

In 2017, ASE's workforce comprises of approximately 68,000 employees in 9 countries (including 19 manufacturing facilities and 15 sales offices) across three continents with most employees working in Taiwan (52%) and in China (37%). 93% are regular employees, while the remaining 7% contract employees; 60% are direct employees, and 13% foreign employees. ASE Group has a relatively gender-balanced workforce, where female makes about 50% of our total workforce. The proportion of our female supervisors is 29%, 47% and 50% of our employees are of age groups between 16 to 30 and 31 to 49, respectively. In addition, over 53% of ASE Group's employees have Bachelor's Degrees or above.

ASE Group Total Employee Numbers (2015~2017)

Geographical Distribution

Educational Background Distribution

Disable Employee Hired Number

Global workforce diversity and inclusion

ASE's recruitment policy is based on diversity and inclusion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, nationality, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation or age. All of the company's facilities also comply with local regulations and abide by the Code of Conduct of the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA). We do not hire child labor. As of Dec. 31, 2017, ASE employed 407 disabled employees and 8,900 foreign employees. As soon as foreign employees join ASE, we arrange language classes for them to aid in their education and training. Translators are also available at our facilities. New employees are provided with information regarding local life and culture, and are guided by other senior and experienced foreign employees. All foreign workers are entitled to the same benefits enjoyed by local employees. ASE respects employees from different cultures, and does not discriminate against them. This inclusion helps us to continuously improve our team performance and innovation capabilities to better meet the demands of different types of customers and diverse markets. Meanwhile, in order to create local job opportunities and train the next generation of the workforce, ASE's Kaohsiung, Chungli, Shanghai and Suzhou facilities, as well as USI facilities collaborate with local universities to carry out joint industry-academia recruitment projects. ASE employs diverse recruiting methods, including employee referrals and alternative military service programs. It also recruits at international job fairs, on social media platforms and through online job boards.

New Employee Share of Total Workforce

Disable Employee Number