Comprehensive Test Services
With leadership in test technologies through a broad variety of test platforms, ASE provides a complete range of semiconductor test services to our customers, including:
- Front-end engineering test
- Wafer probing
- Final test of high-performance logic, mixed signal, RF, 2.5D/3D Packages
- Modules test of SiP/MEMS/Discrete and over-the-air (OTA) testing of 5G mmWave module
- System level test (SLT)
In addition, we provide a broad range of test-related services, such as electric Interface Board and mechanical test tool design, program conversion, program efficiency improvement burn-in testing, dry-pack, and tape and reel.
Our testing services employ technology and expertise that are among the most advanced in the semiconductor industry. The products we test include applications for wired, wireless and mobile communications, automotive, home entertainment, IoT, personal computer, artificial intelligence, and high-performance computing applications, as well as a variety of consumer and application-specific integrated circuits for various specialized applications.
In addition to our huge capacity of test equipment enabling quick ramp-up to our customers' requirements, ASE is outstanding in multi-functional test with expertise in test platforms, program conversion and test program development, empowering SoC/MCM/SiP testing technology to meet the increasing need to pack more functions onto a single chip or a package.application-specific integrated circuits for various specialized applications.
Engineering Development Procedure & Production Value Added
Our excellent test capabilities in chipset, graphics, embedded DRAM/MCM, CPU, RF, analog, analog to digital/digital to analog, and digital signal processors makes ASE an effective test solution provider, offering rapid time to market and cost effective solutions.
In front-end engineering testing services, we help customers develop customized test solution to test their semiconductors on advanced test equipment.
In addition, we also perform the following services:
- Electrical verification to assess whether a semiconductor device complies with a variety of different operating specifications.
- Reliability analysis to assess the long-term reliability of the semiconductor and its suitability of use for intended applications.
- Failure analysis when a semiconductor device does not function to specifications during either the electrical verification or reliability testing processes.
We implement the automatic production starting from pre-test to product delivery and equipment management.
Singulated Re-Screen Process
ASE created the Singulated Re-Screen Process to rework the singulated die in tape-reel if customers need to re-probe the die. Singulated Re-Screen process could reprocess the WLCSP die packed in tape & reel. The reprocess starts from de-tape, reconfigure singluated die in film frame, singluated die probing, pick & place to tape & reel. The probe card is the same as production so that no new probe card is required.
Test Engineering Capability
In test solution development services, we provide customers to develop customized test solution to test their semiconductors on advanced test equipment.
Besides, we also fulfill the following services,
- We carry out visual inspection and electrical testing of processed wafers to ensure that they meet our customers' specifications.
- In the final testing of logic, mixed signal, memory, and RF semiconductors, we test devices with leads ranging from the single digits to several hundreds and operating frequencies up to several gigahertzes on test equipment from major international manufacturers.