ASE Hosts Third-Annual Tech Forum on Semiconductor Packaging and Test
Santa Clara, Calif., June 3, 2002 – Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc. (ASE) (NYSE: ASX), one of the world’s largest semiconductor IC packaging and test companies, will host its third annual Tech Forum in June. This year, the one-day symposium will be held in Austin, Texas, June 13; Santa Clara (Silicon Valley), Calif., June 18; and Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, June 20.
The ASE Tech Forum is designed to provide chip makers with the latest trends in semiconductor back-end assembly and test technology, focusing on maximizing chip performance and minimizing time-to-market.
“This year’s ASE Tech Forum comes at a critical time for our partners in the semiconductor industry as we emerge from one of the worst economic downturns, ” said Dr. Tien Wu, president, ASE Americas and Europe. “The ASE Tech Forum will pull together some of the brightest minds in the industry to discuss and present next-generation semiconductor packaging and test solutions.”
The ASE Tech Forum 2002 highlights include:
- Technical discussions by ASE’s senior research engineering team regarding: flip-chip bumping and assembly, wafer-level packaging, system-in-package, and design-to-test techniques for high-speed applications at all three Tech Forum symposia.
- Presentations by C. Scott Kulicke, chairman and CEO of Kulicke and Soffa Industries Inc. (Nasdaq: KLIC), the world’s leading supplier of semiconductor interconnect equipment, materials and technology; and Dr. Genda Hu, vice president of corporate marketing at Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd (NYSE: TSM), the world’s largest dedicated semiconductor foundry, at Tech Forum Silicon Valley.
- Presentation by Jan Vardaman, president of TechSearch International, Inc., a leading consulting company in advanced packaging (www.techsearchinc.com) at Tech Forum Austin.
- Presentations by ASE’s ATE (automatic test equipment) partners; Agilent, Schlumberger, and Teradyne, during technical breakout sessions at Tech Forums Austin and Silicon Valley.
- A mini-exhibition by ASE’s partners at Tech Forums Austin and Silicon Valley.
To register for the ASE Tech Forum 2002 or to find more information about the event, please visit the event website at http://www.asetechforum.com
About ASE, Inc.
ASE, Inc. is the leading global provider of semiconductor manufacturing services in assembly and test. Alongside a broad portfolio of established assembly and test technologies, ASE is also delivering innovative advanced packaging and system-in-package solutions to meet growth momentum across a broad range of end markets, including 5G, AI, Automotive, High-Performance Computing, and more. To learn about our advances in SiP, Fan-out, MEMS & Sensor, Flip Chip, and 2.5D, 3D & TSV technologies, all ultimately geared towards applications to improve lifestyle and efficiency, please visit: aseglobal.com or follow us on Twitter: @aseglobal.