ASE Receives 2015 Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards
Taipei, Taiwan, November 24, 2015 – Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc. (TSE: 2311, NYSE: ASX) today announced that its IC ATM (semiconductor assembly, testing and material) operations, has received the silver medal in the ‘Taiwan Top 50 Corporate Sustainability Report Awards in the large enterprises – electronics segment’; while its EMS (electronic manufacturing services) operations was accorded the bronze medal in the ‘Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Report Awards in the large enterprises – electronics industry segment’.
The Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA) is hosted by the Taiwan Institute for Sustainable Energy (TAISE) and is deemed the most prestigious corporate sustainability award in Taiwan. The sustainability report awards recognize outstanding Taiwan enterprises (including international enterprises operating in Taiwan) in their corporate sustainability reporting and sustainability efforts and are benchmarked against the internationally acclaimed GRI G4 standards.
“Our approach to corporate responsibility is to augment our ability to compete long-term through the efficient use, custodianship and development of global finite resources, ” said Dr. Tien Wu, COO and Corporate Sustainability Committee Chairman, ASE. “It is indeed a great honor for ASE to receive the Corporate Sustainability Awards and is strong testament to our commitment and continued focus on promoting a company culture built on sustainable practices and innovation.”
Recent highlights of ASE’s sustainability efforts include:
- In July 2014, ASE issued Asia’s first US$300 million corporate green bond as part of our efforts to mitigate climate change and reduce carbon footprint. Through this funding, ASE has executed a series of environmental protection activities including green buildings, energy efficiency enhancement and water recycling projects. To date, ASE has achieved 12 green building accreditations (9 Taiwan EEWH and 3 US LEED) and has another 18 green building projects undergoing certification. In October 2015, ASE’s wastewater treatment and recycling plant in Kaohsiung marked its first milestone in its water conservation efforts with an accumulated output volume of 1 million metric tons of recycled water.
- Globally, ASE has put in place aggressive sustainability plans for 20 factory sites to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and water consumption, and, to increase recycling and reuse rates.
- To maximize sustainability in business and to enhance our competitiveness, ASE also actively promotes a green supply chain. The company is a member of the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC) since February 2015. This year, ASE launched the Responsible Supply Chain Management with its supply partners to implement a Green Supply Chain Program to provide leadership and set standards for the backend semiconductor industry to engage in ethical business conduct, employee health and safety, environmental protection and management governance.
- At the local level, ASE participates in programs that focus on promoting environmental education, conservation and improving the quality of life. Over the past 2 years, projects initiated include:
– Promoting green education in schools.
– Upgrading more than 25 schools in the Nantze and Nantou areas with 26,000 units of energy saving LED lights.
– Reforestation projects in the Kaohsiung municipal area.
– Collaboration with the Taiwan Environmental Education Dialogue (TEED).
– Completion of a permeable pavement and eco-walkway around the Nantze Export Processing Zone.
About ASE, Inc.
ASE, Inc. is the leading global provider of semiconductor manufacturing services in assembly and test. Alongside a broad portfolio of established assembly and test technologies, ASE is also delivering innovative advanced packaging and system-in-package solutions to meet growth momentum across a broad range of end markets, including 5G, AI, Automotive, High-Performance Computing, and more. To learn about our advances in SiP, Fan-out, MEMS & Sensor, Flip Chip, and 2.5D, 3D & TSV technologies, all ultimately geared towards applications to improve lifestyle and efficiency, please visit: aseglobal.com or follow us on on LinkedIn and X: @aseglobal.